Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Greying of the Gnome

From Great to Gaunt
The Gnome used to be great. A giant. Now, he is grey. And gaunt.

He worked so hard all his life. Chasing the 'Dream'. A golden retirement, the time and space to spend all his time on house-improvement projects, enjoy his grandkids. He never indulged, or rested, or took time to be. Like most people, he was working for the 'future'.

The future is now. Now he has the time and space. But not the means. Immobility has shattered the 'Dream'.

It's a wake-up call for me. I was always living for the future. I refused to enjoy the present. I was miserable. I thought that once I got 'there', I would be happy.

My future is now. This is my journey, this is my goal. To live, to love, and to laugh.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker