Sunday, April 08, 2007

I think I was mean!

As much as I wanted to think of myself as being the confrontational sort, I don't think I am really all that confrontational. I just don't have the guts!

We were in the Cry Room during Easter Service. There were two other families. One (a man) was trying to concentrate on the proceedings. The other (a woman) was not.

For some reason, when the singing stopped and the sermon started, the woman started conversing very loudly with the trying-to-concentrate man about kids and stuff.

I bore with the din for a while. Fine, this IS the "CRY" Room but hey, people here are trying to listen to the sermon! After what seemed to me like a long while (hey, I didn't want to miss out on my sermon! Easter comes only once a year!), I decided that I didn't have the guts to tell her to shut up.

So, I walked silently to the volume control in the room and turned up the volume so that I could hear the speaker above her din.

After that, her child started screaming non-stop and she left the room.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker