Tuesday, March 20, 2007

This is nasty behaviour!!!

OK, after that sour-grapesy post (why am I even feeling sour-grapesy when I don't care for those fawning serfs???), another nasty incident happened.

Little Pixie and I were supposed to meet the Old Fogey for lunch at 12pm. 1 hour passed and I called up.

CantonPixie: "Are you going to make it for lunch at all?"
Fogey: "No, not at all, maybe tomorrow"
CantonPixie: "OK"

Later at night, the Fogey tried to apologise.

Fogey: "Sorry CantonPixie, I just couldn't call you."
CantonPixie : "What do you mean you couldn't call me? You could've just called and let me know you couldn't make it!"
Fogey: "Nah, I couldn't, you know. Uncle Serf was so enthusiastic about me you know? He spent the whole day with me at the nature reserve! I couldn't tell him I had to leave because of you!"
CantonPixie: "What do you mean? You could've just called me to say you couldn't make it!"
Fogey: "Nah, I couldn't, you know. I couldn't call you in front of him!"

[Fogey shrugs, embarrassed, tries to wave his hand and tries to concentrate on the TV]

Fogey: "By the way, Nephew ABC called for lunch, I said I had to spend time with you."

[Canton Pixie rolls eyes]

Uncle Serf is one of the freaking rich Serfs. And Nephew ABC (a really nice cousin of mine) is not so well-to-do, he's a taxi driver. But he's decent. I doubt the Fogey would have obliged if it were Nephew ABC who offered to take him to the nature reserve!!

Urgh.

2 comments:

imp said...

oh dear. family politics. even worse than work stuff.

The Health Conscious Shopper said...

yah!! i hate the way $$$ features in this extended family!

eXTReMe Tracker