Saturday, May 12, 2007

What are your values?

The typical Pixie image was that of a busy bee, running around like a headless chicken, feeling stressed out doing lots of things and accomplishing nothing.

After I read this book, I understood that the feeling of mounting desperation about not spending time on 'things that matter' (despite functioning like a hummingbird) was because the activities I used to splurge my time on weren't really reflecting my values.

So here's the template I followed:
  • What issues do you get on your soapbox about? What values do they reflect?
  • What makes you cross? What value is being violated to make you feel this way?
  • If you asked your family and friends to describe you, what words would they use? How do these descriptions reflect your values?
  • What is something that you would never do, lines you would never cross? Which values would you be violating by crossing those lines?
  • In the past, when faced with tough decisions, what actions have you taken? What values did these actions reflect?

Sneak Peek:

Tidiness is NOT one of my values, but I think it IS one of Lasik's.

Epicurean (but NON-Ascetic!!!) pursuits is definitely one big value of mine. The Sun, the Sea, the Stomach and the Shops.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker