Friday, October 20, 2006

The higher calling...

Last week, she learnt to use a drinking straw. And often choked because she couldn't quite vary her suction yet. And then, she discovered that she could blow bubbles with a straw. All within a few days.

The bubbles in her cup fascinate her so much. And now we can't get her to drink any water cuz all she does when she gets a straw and a cup of water is to blow and blow with all her might. And chuckle non-stop.

It was so difficult for me to let go of the job and do this. And now, with every milestone, I'm reminded that she grows up so fast - and fame, glory, recognition and all the money in the world cannot buy this. Had she been outsourced, I probably (no, make that DEFINITELY) would have missed so many special moments and 'milestones'. I would not have been there to video everything. And I would not have realised that after learning how to suck, you still need to learn how to vary your suction.

A child's smile is one of the most beautiful things I can ever behold.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker