Sunday, October 29, 2006

What's really important to you?

I read this article in the ST last week (no point linking the page cuz now they don't keep the archives for long) about loan sharks. There was this very sad case where a 65 year old cabby was brought to court over having borrowed $$ from loan sharks. He was unable to repay them, so he had to open a bank account under his name for them to launder $$$.

What is so sad is that the poor cabby (65 years old!!!) was working very hard to support his elderly sick brother and aged mom. And it makes me think that sometimes we live in ivory towers and worry about job satisfaction when others are living from hand to mouth. At least I know I'm guilty of that. And I'm still learning about what's really important in this life.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker